No Subject

Mark Blount did not play against Atlanta Monday. Asked why, Pitino
paused and said it was because he wanted to see more of Jerome Moiso.
''He's a big-time talent,'' Pitino said of the rookie. ''He's going to
look lost, but he's got so much talent he'll overcome that. He's got
major, major talent, like Paul Pierce had talent. He's not as advanced
as Paul was - Paul had three years at Kansas and he had two at UCLA -
but he's got Paul Pierce-type talent.''

Bryant Stith went through his first full-bore Celtics workout yesterday.
Don't be surprised if he ends up starting at shooting guard. Stith said
he is 10 pounds lighter than he was in Denver and is healthy for the
first time in years .

Pitino still will hold two-a-days but is exempting some players who
already know the drill. One of those is Antoine Walker, whose practice
day yesterday consisted of treadmill work and weightlifting. Pitino said
Walker and Vitaly Potapenko are both ready ''mentally'' to start the
season .

Pierce went through practice wearing a light brace around his chest.
Pitino said Pierce might play Friday night, but only if the swingman is
pain-free. ''I want him to feel comfortable he can go in and dunk on
someone without any fear,'' Pitino said

Kenny Anderson on the team's ragged play so far: ''I remember one year
in New Jersey we went 7-1 and were blazing. Then we lost the first five
or six games. You just try to stay steady.'' ... Chris Carr(hamstring)
did not practice.