Downpayment on Monday - Part II on Dec. 15th?

Bskball.com is reporting that the Nuggets - C's deal which will be finalized
on Monday involving Cheaney and Pack for Herren and Stith could really be the
front end of another deal and as they term it the "prepayment for the horrid
Chris Herren deal". The second part of the deal would have the C's sending V
and ???? to Denver for Tariq Abdul Wahad and Keon Clark on Dec. 15th when the
Nuggets would be allowed under league rules to trade TAW.

Talk about the C's improving their shotblocking in the front court!
Personally, I'd prefer Kelvin Cato over Clark from a bulk/physicality
perspective (has anyone else noticed how skinny Keon's legs are???)  but Keon
is a terrific passer and it was Keon's passing skills that wowed Chris
Wallace back when the C's had him in town for a pre-draft workout before
ultimately lucking out and getting Pierce. Keep in mind, though, this is from
Bskball.com.

That said, take this rumor with a grain of salt. If nothing else, it should
be a hot topic of discussion as we all chime in on the implications for the
team both near term as well as long term and serve as a welcome respite from
the topic of the team's less than stellar performance in the first two
exhibition games.

10/14-TARIQ WON'T BE A NUGGET LONG-While the Denver Nuggets continue to toy
with their roster, its become clear that despite signing Tariq Abdul Wahad to
a hefty new contract he is likely going to be dealt sometime after December
15th. The team got a strong look at Wahad in training camp, and feel that
maybe James Posey is better suited at the 2 guard spot. The Nuggets are
toying with a lot of ideas, and Wahad seems like he'll continue to get
minutes to prove his value, but coming into the back part of the season, the
Nuggets are hoping that a package of featuring Wahad and maybe Keon Clark,
will yield them a serious player for their front court efforts. The Boston
Celtics have been hot for Tariq all summer, so a deal with the Celtics, who
seem to be the Nuggets team of choice when it comes down to trades, seems
like a favored spot, and with the Celtics going away from Vitaly Potapenko,
maybe there is the ground work of deal already in place, which could explain
the horrid Chris Herren deal the Nuggets and C's already consummated-- we
could call that pre-payment. More as I get it.