10/12/00 preseason game

I just watched the replay of the San Antonio preseason game on Fox and came
away with some positives and negatives.

1. Moiso.  Much better then advertised.  May be better then Battie right
now.  Doesn't look as thin as his weight implies.  Has good timing and
doesn't seem to fade into the background like Battie.  I think this kid will
be a player some day.  His body type looks to me like he will get bigger
unlike McCarty.  It's only one game of course but I liked what I saw.

2. Walker.  Saw him get off the ground a few times for rebounds.  Still puts
his head down and bulls forward to much.  Still getting stuffed when he
doesn't go up strong but seems to be in better condition then this time last
year.

3. Blount.  Needs some post moves.  Best 12 man/big man in a few years.

4. Battie. If only this kid would try hard all the time.  Looked better when
playing with Moiso on the double team inside.  Needs to finish stronger on
O.  Moiso will make him play harder or he'll be watching from the bench.

5. Anderson.  Seemed to have tired legs.  I'm looking forward to seeing the
other PG's play.  (The current back up is a gamer but I don't think he'll
make it unless Anderson gets traded.)

6. McCarty.  Does he wear a mask when he cashes his pay checks?  With his
length he should be fighting Battie for playing time. He is no more an NBA 3
then VP is.

7. VP. Still gives 100%.  I'm not sure that's enough for this team.  But who
else has b*ll's in the paint?

8. Griffin.  Something is lacking.  Is his foot 100%?

I am not as negative as after the first game.  Still a long way to go.  Add
Pierce, Stith and Herren into the mix and there should be some improvement
assuming Stith can add the offense Tommy H. says he brings.

Another note, it was said that Cousey will be co-calling 10 games this year
with Mike and Tommy.  I thought that worked well last year with the three of
them.  Mike G. must be a class guy to let this happen.

It's been a slow day so I thought I'd clog up your email with an unsolicited
opinion.  Have a great weekend all.  <Jim