Walker and Pierce co-captains

Celtics.com reports that Walker and Pierce were named co-captains. I would
have bet on Randy Brown being a co-captain with all the talk of him being
brought in as a veteran leader. But I think that having our best players as
our co-captains, even as young as they are, could be a positive, since they
are undoubtedly the leaders on the floor already. It should give some
continuity too, after our revolving door of captains in the past years.

The arrival of the first preseason game (finally!) is exciting, despite the
fact that we're missing a lot of important players, and that we're probably
going to see some pretty bad play. It's disappointing that Moiso missed
practice and will miss this game. He's the guy I was most excited to get a
good look at. But more important to the team's prospects will whether we
really have a "New Toine." I'm really hoping that the press can do positive
things for him. He usually plays the inbound pass which means that he
probably has the best chance to score if the other team turns it over. I've
noticed that when he gets easy baskets his game really picks up. Conversely
when he struggles to score, his entire game suffers.

I think we should see Mark Blount out there also, for his first significant
minutes against quality NBA players. I don't read much into the fact that
Vitaly is mauling him. Vitaly's a physical guy but that doesn't
automatically translate into superiority in a game, as guys like Brad
Miller and Amaechi have shown. If he can be an impact shot blocker on the
defensive end and hold his own against the second tier of centers, he'll be
a major steal. Honestly, I'm willing to take a long term view on him,
because I think that Vitaly and Battie could collectively use all the
minutes at center that they can get.

Alex