No Subject

<<
Herron coming to Boston bothers me because I'm tired of the "local boy makes
good" story with Dana, and the focus on an undersized guard with emotional
baggage won't help.  The Fleet crowd will only love him if the team's
winning.  Looks like a far more PR-oriented move than a talent upgrade. >>
 LanceJacob
                ***********
    Well, the difference is that Dana could never play the point, nor was he
the local hero that Herren was.
    The crowd will love him, winning or losing, the kid has a flair.
    Particularly if we are losing, the crowd will start to chant his name, to
get him in and start the running (and gunning). Remember Terry Duerod?
JB
            *********
  Pack would have been an asset except he wanted nothing to do with the
team--a trend that is becoming public of late.  Funny how RP goes from a
single PG to 3 1/2 in one season. Is it gearing up for KA's departure, or
recognition of the momentum shift when he sits? >>
LanceJacob
            ********
    Pack's problem here was Randy Brown, not the city or coach. With Anderson
and Brown ahead of him, Pack, in his contract year, saw very short minutes in
his future.
    You know that Pitino needed another point guard to back up Kenny
(remember the Pepe Sanchez mania?). It was painfully obvious to all of us
last year that the team swooned whenever Kenny went to the bench.
    They wanted a veteran (hence no Pepe) and they also now have a younger
player with potential that could allow them to save or trade a draft pick in
the future if Herren pans out.
JB