Fantasy Hoops

Dear Celtic Guys and Dolls,

You may have noticed the message that was sent to the list today about Fantasy Basketball.  Last year I tried to organize a league for the list and it fell through because On-Hoops never started their league (those Aussies can run a damn fine Olympics, but don't ask them to organize a fantasy league, I guess).

This year I thought it would be a novel idea to try a site that would actually run their league.  I had three criteria it had to meet.  It had to be cheap, it had to be free and it couldn't cost anything to join.  The site I landed on is...

http://fantasy.hoops.smallworld.com/friend.html
It's an interesting looking system where you trade players like you would stocks, buying ones you think are underpriced, and selling them high to get more money for other players.  Their prices are determined by how many people are buying them.  It also doesn't limit the number of teams in a division and gives prizes for certain top finishers.  I have requested a thread be added to their message board for us,and I will pass on that info so that we can carry out any league communication off-list. There have already been 6 teams added to our division.

About all you need to know is the above url, and the division name, which is "Celtic Fans Forever".  The web-site should answer any other questions you might have.

Good Luck,
Jim Meninno (French Lick Beavers)