Re: Herren trade

Jim,
I agree on all counts.  This trade may not make one ounce of difference this
year, but it gives us that PG to groom that this team needs.
I happen to think Stith may be the overlooked part of this deal. The guy
still is only 29 years old, and as near as I can tell from what I've read,
his "injury problems" had as much to do with falling out of Issel's rotation
as anything else. Apparently Issel just didn't like Stith's game. Still, the
Stith I remember was better than Chris Carr. Plus, like Josh said, the guy
is universally respected by teammates and fans.
The bottom line is, we really didn't give up anything. Pack is always
injured and Cheaney was a stiff. I like this deal much better than the Tariq
Abdul Wahad trade that had us giving up Fortson and a pick in a package for
TAW and Herren.
Thanks to Joe for the links. Here's one quote from Herren (before his first
NBA game) we all should be excited about: "I'm just going to do what I
regularly do - push the ball and try to get us running."  Let's hope that's
the Chris Herren we'll see in Boston.
Finally, is there anyone out there who has seen enough of Herren to give us
a legit scouting report. I haven't, and I'm eager to hear from someone who
can tell us what he brings to the table. I love everything I read.
Thanks,
Mark