My season prediction

I think the Celtics bench is improved. compare:

99             00
Ellison      Battie/Blount
Fortson      Moiso
E Wiliiams   E Williams/Stith
Cheaney      Carr/Stith
Barros       Brown/Herren

The key thing here is quality. Outside of Fortson and his rebounding, and Barros and his expolosive offensive potential, there was really no quality here last year. I saw Moiso first hand at the summer league games, not only is he a defensive presence, he also has some offensive moves. Stith plays D, Herren and Carr can score. Brown adds leadership, and Blount is just big. Even if he is nothing more than 6 fouls to lay the smack on ZO, that is more then Ellison brought to the table. The only player I don't like on the bench this year is Battie, I really believe that he is soft, and will always be elbusto in my eyes. But I hope he proves me wrong. With that said, in the starting line up, Kenny will be a liability on D, lets hope he decides to not dominate the ball this year. I think Pierce will be okay by the all star break. Lets hope it is not to late buy then. Griffin I think will be improved with some rest, and experience, I think he will be much improved from his second h!
al!
f slump. As for Walker, it's make or break for him. Lets hope we see him making baskets with ZO, Grant Hill, and all the other Eastern All Stars this year. Then there is Pot, rebound, rebound rebound. Sign me up for 42 wins as well with the hope, the improved quality on the bench, Pauls health, Walkers maturity, Griffins rest, and Kenny's generosity will lead the way to a playoff spot.

Derek