Re: Agree!

----- Original Message ----- From: Juddy <norine@together.net>

> I have to agree when Pitino forgets about the pressing the team plays
better, such
> as last night!  Tommy kept saying "and no pressing".  Right.  Forget about
Pitino > Ball.

Like most of you, I prefer watching normal hard-nosed defense, fast break
offense  basketball   However, when this team plays straight up man-to-man
defense for a game or two, it works because they catch teams off guard.  If
Cleveland had been expecting it, they'd have handled it better.  This is
still not a consistently strong defensive team, no matter how they play.
And, this league is so dependent on scouting and preparation, you can't draw
conclusions from a couple of games.  It's the same reason why an unknown
player can put up grerat numbers for a couple of weeks, and then get shut
down once the scouts catch up to what he's doing.

I do feel like this team is improving (painfully slowly).  Last year there's
no way they would play .500 ball without Kenny.  Having Randy Brown back is
a huge lift (let's hope he lets his groin run free, and doesn't "restrain"
it).

Jim