Re: Playing up

>From: kai_brunnen_g@ix.netcom.com
>
>The C's are the classic mediocre team, losing when expected to
>win, winning when a loss is apparent. Don't be enthused by this.
>Mediocrity begets more mediocrity in sports. Only those clubs who
>are truly good or truly bad, have the ability to make an impact.

I'm with Ray/Kai/Whatever-his-name-is on this one, Gene.  What in the
hell are you _thinking_, trying to be enthusiastic about a good win
on the road for this team.  And you call yourself a fan ... don't you
know that fans ought to be dour, pessimistic little gnomes?  Don't
you know that mediocre temas stay mediocre, never getting better and
never getting worse?  Don't you know that, since they are neither
truly bad nor truly good, this team will never have any "impact".
Cleveland knows that -- they didn't just lose their first home game
to this team, after all.

(Gene, in all seriousness now, you go right on being enthusiastic
about that win -- it was a good one.  And I agree with you: this team
is a lot better when Randy Brown can come in and help spark the
defense.)

Regards,

Bill