Re: Playing up

With all due respect to Ray, asking folks not to be enthused when we hold a
previously undefeated team at home, to 4 points in one quarter, is a bit
like asking Rodney Dangerfield to stop tugging at his tie so much.

What's not to like about an effort like that?  Honest, I just don't
understand.  When they play well like they did last night, we SHOULD be
excited about it, hoping that they learned a lesson about the virtues of
exerting their energy at the defensive end first.

If this edition of the Boston Celtics buys into that concept, led by
examples as was demonstrated last night by Randy Brown, they will, not only
be in most games, but they will pull out a number of them in the end.

There are still facets of their game which require improvement, ie,
rebounding, utilizing the shot clock more effectively, foul shooting, boxing
out, shot selection, ball reversal, etc.  But a win like this is not
something to pan in my opinion.  Though we fizzled down the stretch against
the Grizzlies, we turned around, went into Gund Arena, and held a team to 20
points below their season average and a full .060% below their normal field
goal percentage.

Nope, the consistency we are searching for is not there yet, but signs
showing appearances surface from time to time.  That consistency is what
Pitino has been looking for.  I think Brown and Stith bring a much needed
boost of defensive acumen to this young team, and I pray it rubs off.

And for all those "the players have tuned Pitino out" fans, you would never
have known that afterwards with the way the players were hugging him and
each other based off the news clips I saw.

Cecil