Re: the words I've been waiting to hear

    I'm not from that part of the world, but wouldn't moving as head
coach from Kentucky to Indiana be akin to the Capulets to the Montagues?
Or does North Carolina/Indiana have a deeper rivalry? Or
Indiana/Michigan?

    My question is would Pitino look like scum in Kentucky if he took
the Indiana job?

    I have a feeling Pitino would love to go to UCLA were that job to
open up. UCLA is the college basketball equivalent of the Celtics,
Yankees, 49ers etc. in terms of tradition. They have a great recruiting
base.

    This is all hypothetical, though. He's still the Boston coach.

    On a different subject, I can't recall ever seeing so many Celtics
players with unexplainably poor FG% even at this early stage in the
season.

Griffin is at .261 after 7 games
Herren is really struggling too at .269 after 9 games
Waltah is at .125 after 9 games
Moiso is at .167 in 5.
Blount is slugging .143 in 10 appearances

    I mean what is this a baseball team? You've got three 6-11 men in
Blount, Moiso and Waltah who combined require more than seven shot
attempts just to make one go through the net. Have NBA defenses gotten
that good (or are these guys retahds)?

Joe

-----