C's-Griz

Had an opportunity to see the game yesterday and though I am unhappy that we
lost, I liked something that I saw.

With the score 86-74 for the Griz with 6:40 remaining, we went into the
headless chicken defense as some call it.  It led to:

2 free throws,  Overton: 86-76
Bad pass turnover = layup Pierce: 86-78
Loose ball foul, Othella = 2 free throws, Williams: 86-80
Steal, Williams = Dunk, Battie, nice assist Toine: 86-82
Steal, Pierce = layup, Pierce: 86-84 with 4:27 remaining

Then came the quickest 3 second call in history on Pierce who was trying to
post up Edwards in the key.  I have watched it over 10 times and cannot
believe the refs, not only didn't whistle Edwards for holding Pierce, but
called such a quick violation after witnessing other players throughout the
league pitching a tent in the lane on a regular basis.

The Griz didn't score until Grant Long hit a jumper from the top of the
circle with 3:20 remaining.  So not only did we hold them off the scoreboard
for exactly 3:20, but we ran off 10 consecutive points in a defense
Vancouver had to have expected.

Yes we went on to lose the game but that particular defense met with some
success and it should be noted.  Shareef had a great game and Bibby must
love playing in Boston, but Long saved their bacon thanks to his new-found
success with the jumper.  Then we ran outta gas at the end.  Overton made
some costly turnovers but I would wager this was his first time having to
play 42 minutes.

Is Randy returning for the Cleveland game?

Cecil