Why now?

Ever since Walker started playing for the Celts he's been guilty of the same things you are now accusing Pierce of.  Some of us were advocating that Pitino should sit Antoine on the bench when he threw up impossible 3 pointers, etc., etc. - but after only one season, and being attacked, stabbed, etc., Pierce is getting it from you?  Why?  Pitino considers himself (among other things) a motivator.  Excuse me?  You don't motivate players by praising them for doing stupid things.  Both Walker and Pierce are talented players, IMO.  It's not all Pitino's fault?  Who is the coach here, anyway?

On another note, I don't believe for one minute Rick Pitino could make himself be just President.  He'd be on the court every day, trying to run the team, and what would that do to whoever the new coach is?  He needs to GO!  Maybe then Red can have his title of President back.  I never forgave Pitino for that.  I never will.  Red Aurbach made the Celtics what they were. In his late years he deserved to keep that title.  Pitino's statement at the time was that "I don't want anyone over me second guessing me".  That speaks volumes to me - he should have had someone over him.  Maybe he wouldn't have made the mess he's made.  I'm sick to death of "Pitino ball" - give me good, NBA fast break basketball ala Bill Russell and company, any day of the week and twice on Sunday.  I'm finished venting now.  :)
Dorine