Re: BSG: Pitino Gone By Christmas

>From: OzerskyJA <OzerskyJA@cmog.org>
>
>You know, this rock-bottom stuff may be getting a bit out of hand.
>I was as discouraged as anybody (well, mostly anybody) by these
>back to back blowouts.  But if we win a couple of games against
>Houston and Vancouver we're back at .500 and talking upbeat
>again.

Well, relatively upbeat, anyway, Josh.  With a few exceptions, I
don't see anybody needing depressants anytime soon.  But your point,
I think, is a very good one.  Yes, the Philly game was bad, bad, bad.
The C's looked outmatched, mostly because they were.  It was just one
game, though.  From what I saw of the Houston game (I taped it to
watch it this here Oppressive Turkey-eating Day) they looked good,
good, good.  That was also one game.  The average probably makes this
team, mediocre, mediocre, mediocre.

It's no coincidence that we got beat by a very good team (Philly) and
beat a mediocre team (Houston), though.  Our losses, other than the
one against the Whizz, have come at the hands of teams with winning
records.  If this team can just beat the teams they ought to, give
their betters runs for their money, and start having the occasional
great games where they really put it all together, I'll actually take
games like the Philly one a lot better.

It's a little ridiculous to say the team is at rock-bottom -- just as
it would be to say they're on their way to hanging #17 this year
based on the last game.  (Though if the Philly game _was_ rock
bottom, that'd be great, as there'd be no way but up.  We can hope, I
guess.)

Regards,

Bill, the Celtics "Tird"