Agree

I have to agree with Paul M. here - we've heard about Pitino's "system", "Pitino ball" for years now - and it's a failing system in this league.  Please remember that when Pitino coached the Knicks he was only the coach. He didn't pick the players, he wasn't all powerful, and it's a good thing that on most teams that's what he'd have to be - the coach.  If he had a game plan that worked, and the players believed in it, he would not have to spend the entire game screaming his lungs out while annoying the fans at the games and those watching on television.  On most teams he would have been fired before this season.

I think most of these players really want to win and are willing to put forth the effort, but there's no effective defense being taught that works - period!  It's so sickenly apparent when you watch the games.  I don't believe any player at this level doesn't want to work to become a winner.  I just don't believe it.
Dorine