Philly Cheesesteak

Caught the game from section 303 tonight against
Philly.  Some of the nicer affordable balcony seats
around.  They were even giving out free Celtic
calendars too.  The game was over from the first
quarter.  Philly pounced on the C's and never let up.
This thrashing was even worse than the Washington one.
 The captains crapped the big one tonight while AI hit
3 pointer after 3 pointer in the first half.
It was amazing seeing AI and his crossover live.  His
crossover seems quicker when you're watching it live
and without slow mo replay.  He crossed Stith over
repeatedly and did a number on Herren and Brunson.
Surprisingly Eric Williams was assigned to AI and held
him in check for most of the time he was on him.  I
think that is the key to stopping Iverson, players
with some lateral speed and long arms.  That's
probably why Kobe was able to shut down AI last
season.
And poor old Melon, what can I say, Walker was swatted
repeatedly.  I think 4 out of the 5 blocks Ratliff had
were on Walker. Walker would go for his illegal
straight arm hook around the back spin move and
Ratcliff would eat him up.  Walker's first shot of the
game, he spun on Lynch(or Hill) and Ratliff rotated
and smacked Toine's shot off the glass from 8 feet
away.  Ratliff has some crazy hops not too mention
ridiculously long arms.  I think that pretty much set
the tone for the rest of the game for Walker.  Every
time Walker went in, he either got blocked or bricked
horribly.  13 points, 6 boards, and 5 turnovers, not
to mention 5-18 from the floor.  It's sad Walker can't
have his double double nights against quality
defenders like Ratliff.  I didn't remember Eric
Williams being affected by Ratliff too much.  In fact
he actually drew a ton of fouls from the Philly front
court and scored a bunch.  Pierce was pretty lethargic
too.  His handle was pretty suspect and he got picked
several times driving in.  Not a good game for Pierce
either but at least he wasn't stupid enough to
challenge Ratliff in the post.