Re: Knicks > Celts (Pointwise and Fanwise)

"Michael J.King Sr." wrote:

> While I agree with your sentiment regarding the opponents fans out shouting
> and/or outnumbering the home folks , I also love it when we do it at THEIR
> house! Though to be perfectly honest these occurrences happen these days
> more for my beloved BoSox than any other Boston franchises but many times
> over the years I was pelted with items and shrieked at by locals not
> enamored with my choice of cheering for the hated Green! (....) I go every
> year to Red Sox ST in
> Florida and see 20 or so games in Cal and Texas during the year and
> especially in Anaheim it is like a home game! The people write into the
> papers and callin shows and rail against us boorish Sox fans. The players
> have been known to voice their displeasure as well. I just smile and wear
> my (insert Team name here)gear and enjoy the games!1 Just my thoughts and
> YMMV. Later.Mike

That's a great story Mike. Loved reading this post, because 1) it takes the
thread away from all the bickering out there, and 2) it makes me feel less nuts
knowing others take the games and the history of the Boston teams so seriously.
I don't think I could show quite that level of support to the Sox and Celts
(at least if my wife could help it) in terms of all that cross-country travel,
but I can relate to it 100%. One of these days the Celtics and Red Sox will
both get back to the top, and it will be great fun living that moment after
what we've been through lately. My view is the Sox need to sign someone, and
the Celts need to win the next three in a row, develop some momentum, and then
go beat the crap out of the Answer man and his Philly Cream Cheesers next
Monday at home. Unfortunately Herren has got a couple of dangerous point guards
lined up to meet him in Rod Strickland twice this week and then the Answer and
Stevie Franchise next week, but overall the Celtics can beat all these teams.
The Celtics have no back-to-backs for the rest of the month and six of the next
seven at home.

Joe

p.s. I think many of us on the list can confirm how rooting for your team in an
opponent's stadium can be flat out hazardous to your health no matter where you
are or what country you are in.

----