Sam Smith: College Connections

College connections: It's no coincidence, Celtics coach Rick Pitino
                   says, that the three teams with the poorest records
in the NBA—the
                   Bulls, Hawks and Wizards—are coached by men who
recently were
                   college coaches in Tim Floyd, Lon Kruger and Leonard
                   Hamilton. "Pro coaches are much smarter than college
coaches,"
                   said Pitino, a former college coach. "They pick and
choose their
                   spots more intelligently than we do. They wait for
Kobe Bryant and
                   Shaquille O'Neal to come around." Floyd's Bulls will
see Hamilton's
                   Wizards on Tuesday, and Pitino said he warned
Hamilton. Said
                   Pitino: "I did everything humanly possible as a
friend to talk him out
                   of taking the Washington job."