No Subject

But aside of Paul's miracle, the REAL story of the game was ANTOINE!  I did
not see the game but have come to really enjoy Howard and Max, probably more
than I ever did with Heinsohn and the Cooz.  Maxwell raved about Toine save
for a few quick  heaves late in the 3rd.  But with 33 points on 12/19 from
the field, 6/6 from the line, 12 rebounds and 4 assists, in 41 minutes, I
would hope the questions about his conditioning are answered.

It was his willingness to concede the plaudits to Pierce that have me
thinking he is about ready to turn the corner.  "Paul was outstanding
tonight" Walker said.  "He shows what kind of special player he is..."  All
on a night when it could have been all too easy to talk about his own great
performance, he was content and comfy with, not even discussing himself but
quickly praising his teammate.  Toine has often gone the extra mile to
mention his colleagues but on nights where his performance was as brilliant
as it was last night, normally his line is the lead story.  But I thought he
was very gracious in handling the situation.  It is this area which pleases
me most.

Late in the game, when Detroit made it an 8 point game, Toine stuck a jumper
and a layup to salt it.  This is the kind of leadership we've hoped for from
him, and though it may not happen every night, when it does flow for him
like this, and the Washington game last year I think, he is capable of being
ranked in the All-Star category.

I know some of this will be rebutted but he deserves credit for his
performance as do the rest of the team, particularly Stith, Battie and
Kenny.  The Raptors will certainly be in a foul mood with their 0-2 start
and I am concerned as much with us derailing Davis, Willis and Oakley as
much as Vinsanity.

Go Celts!!

Cecil