Re: impressions of the first game

----- Original Message ----- From: OzerskyJA <OzerskyJA@cmog.org>

> Kestutis, as our resident medical expert, can you tell me what you think
> is going on with Chris Herren's ankle?  It's been two weeks, and he should
> have another ten days or more before he comes off the IR.  How
> long does it take to get over a sprained ankle?  How long do you think he
> might be out for?  Maybe Pitino was just taking the pressure off him?
> what do you think?

Josh, I think you, and a couple of others, are being unbelieveably impatient
regarding Herren.  He was practicing, what, five days ago?  So, I'm assuming
when Pitino says he's "not close" to coming back, he means that he is out of
shape.  Apart from the ankle injury, I think a lot of people are so eager to
be in a position to not rely on Kenny Anderson, that they are building
completely unrealistic expectations on Herren.  I like him, too, I really
do, but he's completely inexperienced and has had serious personal problems.
I think putting unrealistic expectations on this kid could ruin him, so
let's just chill a little bit, could we?

Jim