RE: impressions of the first game

I'm hoping Pitino's "he's not even close" comment about Herren just referred
to his "ideal" weight. I'd hate to see this guy stashed on the IL more than
five games. He's an impact player. Even if Kenny plays the way he did last
night every night (sure he will), Herren still is a valuable backup. In the
real world, where Kenny plays the way he always plays and saps this team's
heart, Herren be the starter by midseason. It's interesting that in the
Globe, there's a note about Herren spending an extra 2 1/2 hours daily on
the exercise bike/treadmill trying to shed that extra weight.

Anyway, Herren can't return soon enough for me.

Mark