Pitino/draft

"i think the celtics it would take them for them to
really compete in the playoff like 5 yrs. I would like
to know what ever happened to the Rick Pitino back in
97 when he came in and made all these promises. this
guy made so much a mess up with the team we had a
chance of getting duncan but he blew it also he traded
bunch of player and we got back half the talent the we
gaved the other team like toronto their changing their
franchise around they made the playoffs first time in
franchise history. We need a miracle."

The worst thing that ever could have happened to
Pitino was beating the World Champion Bulls on opening
night. I think that raised expectations and possibly
his ego that he could do no wrong with the club.
Hubris is a terrible thing. The thing that I think
hurt him was that he thought he could judge/evaluate
talent and then determine what they'll play for, etc.
Run the club from top to bottom ala Parcells. Hey,
it's ok to let someone get the chef the ingredients.
Also, he was afraid to make the "daring and
non-traditional" moves, ala draft Tracy McGrady or for
ML to make a move for Kobe. Those are the killers to
me. Duncan was no one's fault. That was just the way
the balls bounced.

The Greek center? As long as he's not another Stoyko.
As for the Knicks, forget about Houston, for my money
I'd rather get Spreewell. Yes, he's a tattooed punk,
but he is like Scottie Pippen, but more ferocious and
he plays with a lot of heart and pride, something
desperately missing from the C's these days :(