From: damekmo@teleport.com
To: celtics@igtc.com
Sent: May 25, 2000 7:42:18 PM GMT
Subject: Re: Reluctant on Pierce

I may be reading way too much into one comment by Pitino, but he seemed to
imply that people around the league were so impressed with Pierce that they
were offering "all-star/franchise player" talent, all day and every day.
Now, I suppose it all comes down to what you would consider "surprising,"
but if gm's are offering up names like Payton, Iverson...even Odom, I think
Ricky better be a lot less than "really reluctant" to roll the dice. I'd
fully expect him to be "highly tempted" to make those trades. But again, it
all depends on what you guess Ricky means by "surprising, all day and every
day." Maybe Don Nelson wants some package with draft picks, Pierce and some
other stiff(s) for Michael Finley. Is that "cap appropriate?" It would
certainly be very "pleasantly surprising."

Paul M.