Re: Subject: drafting a high-schooler

> Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 17:45:50 EDT
> From: Thndrblt31@aol.com
> Subject: Re: My draft order
>
> Dermarr Johnson is still available, he has much more potential than Mo Pete,
> although I can see the benefit of getting a proven winner and senior.  I
> would still go after Dermarr though, you just can't pass up on a 6-9 shooting
> guard.
>
> - - thndr

Looking at Jonathan Bender and Al Harrington, I've got my doubts regarding
drafting a high schooler:

1. you have to nurture him probably thruout his contract years (4)
2. our celtics are pretty young to be "looking after" this kid during the rigors
of a 82 game season (hey, Battie might spare him a groupie or 2) We are not a
veteran team (Bender got Antonio Davis lean on, Harrington got Dale Davis, Kevin
Garnett got Mchale)
3. he will not be adding to our effort to make the playoffs this season.

I rather we go for a "can't miss" Mo Peterson.

kevin