Draft

1. The Celtics' chances in the draft lottery for getting top picks,
according to NBA.com:

  1st pick: 0.90%
  2nd:      1.07%
  3rd:      1.30%
  ---------------
  TOTAL:    3.27%

2. Have the Celtics ever been honest about who they have their eye on
in the draft? The first year it was the deception about Ron Mercer.
The second year it was Nowitzki or Keon Clark, who weren't mentioned
at all. This year, Wallace is talking about the Greek center, and then
gives five more names in today's Globe. Could he really be after a
relatively unknown name?

Evidently last year the Celtics would have taken Shawn Marion with their
pick.  So it seems the types of players coveted in the past have been
ultra-athletic types (Marion, Clark, McGrady), an obscure European talent
(Nowitzki), and a big point guard (Billups). It seems that this draft
is short on top point guards so I would guess some sort of ultra-athlete.
I don't think that the Celtics will limit themselves by position. With
the disclaimer that I know nothing about college personnel and am just
going off Chris Monter's comments at NBAtalk, I would say that Oyedeji
sounds intriguing as an ultra-athletic 19 year old with a "big upside".
He's my guess because Wallace hasn't mentioned him. And this time Don
Nelson is drafting behind us =).

3. Referring to BSG's comment about Wallace coveting McGrady in the 97
draft, Pitino has previously mentioned that the only time he used his
position to overall the consensus of his staff was the drafting of
Mercer. Looking back, of course, it's a huge, huge mistake. Pitino
would have a lot fewer complaints about the athleticism of his team
with McGrady around.

Alex