Re: Why not give Twon a chance?

patience is not a good word in many Celtics fans' vocabulary. especially when it i sobvious that no plan exists that may work towards being a winner. the last few games gave us glimpses of possibilities, but a plan must exist with this  not trading just to trade or signing just to sign. oh well, the sun will come up tommorrow regardless. a good day to everyone. TT
----- Original Message -----
From: David J. Boutte
To: celtics@igtc.com
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2000 6:50 AM
Subject: Why not give Twon a chance?

It is generally accepted that it takes a player a few years to reach the point where their skills are honed to the point whereby they reach their potential. This is especially true of players that come out of college early. For this reason, it puzzles me that so many people on the list want to trade Walker.

In my opinion, he has shown that he is progressing as a player and it appears to me that in the coming years he'll be one of the top players in the NBA. This question is for those who want to trade him--why? Why are you unwilling to let Walker grow with the Celtics? Remember, there are very few Magic Johnsons around.

-David