Assets

In my pipe dreams, the Celtics would somehow package the "assets" called
Walker, the future 1st-round pick, and 2000 #11, in order to obtain
(through trade, free agency, lottery?) 1) an athletic SF who can block
shots (Swift? K. Martin?) and 2) a tall SG.
With the shot-blocker at SF, we wouldn't complain about what Vitaly
can't do, and could appreciate his tough attitude.  It's far better to
spend these assets on a Swift and an effective SG, than on a
lottery-pick center, who (with the exception of Mihm) could not be
guaranteed better than what Vitaly already is. Forget Mutumbo, too. In
any case, the people on this list have convinced me that, if Antoine
ever develops his potential, it won't be as a Celtic, and that he's the
primary asset to be negociated: the question is whether someone (Donald
Sterling?) can still believe in that potential. Keep Vitaly, I say, and
realize whatever market value Walker may still have! Above all, keep
Pierce! Everything else (including K. Anderson) is expendable, but not
much of an asset.

Imagine that front line: Pierce, Vitaly, Swifty. Now imagine it with an
SG who can play defense and shoot 3s. Celtics fans would start liking
Pitino again (and thanksDad, too).
Hoop dreams.
    JC