Re: Mr. President Bird

Title: Re: Mr. President Bird
I believe that Bird would look the underachievers in the eye and say "bulls***t" when they tried to explain why they couldn't keep the weight off, stay in at night, skip playing defense etc...
Then he would tell the truth about the players performance.  I don't believe that Bird would put up with the crap Pitino does.  I also believe that Bird would require commitment from the players or they would sit.  Regardless of salary.  No more teachers pets.  No more "he has worked his a** off" and "wants to win" baloney either.

Either they want to win and work to win or they don't.  Bird, MJ, McHale, the new generation of management leaders.  Enough of the over paid, under-committed players.  The NBA will change or go the way of the NHL and NFL.  Do you realize that WWF out pulls "Monday Night Football" by 40%?  And WWF is on cable!  Not even on network TV.  These leagues are going to lose the TV money.  Another lock out on the horizon.  For the benefit of sports. The benefit of the Celtics.

<Jim

Douglas342@aol.com asked,
.....And what could Bird the President/owner do to stop it?  What can he
do that Pitino couldn't do?  (Other good points cut...)