Mutombo

 --------------
 From: "Jim Meninno" <jim_meninno@hotmail.com>

I would think that the possibility that the Hawks would want to part with a
promising player with a longer contract (Lorenzen Wright) for someone who's
contract expires after next year (Dana) would be a lot more interesting than
Dikembe Mutumbo.  Why would we want to give up the few decent players we
currently have to get a guy who is not only 4 days older than I am, but even
in his prime, was not going to carry a team anywhere but an early exit in
the playoffs by himself?

I'm with you, Jim.  Lorenzen Wright was a 20/10 guy on the Clips, with 2 or
so blocks per game. He's 24, and has more proven ability than Battie. He
grabbed 25 rebounds this season in one outing against Webber/Divac, is a
legit 4/5, and needs a change of scenery.  IMHO, Mutombo has always had an
inflated opinion of himself, and never gotten to the level he should have.
He's 7-2+ and can't put the ball in the hoop.

 --Ellie