Re: Mark Jackson

Theresa, you're right in that we could use help in all those places. But I'm
not convinced that Walker wasn't moved to small forward because he "can't"
play there. I believe the options at PF-Fortson or Battie-were so
unappealing that Pitino decided to stick with Walker there. That way he
could get his five best players-Walker, Pierce, Anderson, Vitaly and
Griffin-on the floor at the same time.

I'm convinced that if we had a stud at PF-McDyess, Rasheed Wallace, Brian
Grant or the like-Pitino would find Walker suitable at SF. Now, if we could
find a big, defensive-minded, shot-blocking center, then I'm sure Pitino
would feel more comfortable with Walker at PF. My point is we need at least
one or the other-a center or a PF-and a PG. Those are the positions we
should try to upgrade.

Mark

P.S. Can you tell I'm going a little nuts in this down time? Can't wait for
the lottery and all the pre-draft speculation and trade talk.