What Auerbach Said/What I'd Do

Red was on WEEI today and said the C's weren't far away. The team
needs a big forward who can hit an outside shot and a big guard.
He mentioned getting the big guard -- echoing McDonough's
statement -- in the draft and acquiring the forward elsewhere.
If the C's acquired those two pieces of the puzzle, then the
team would be competitive, Auerbach said, and he was also protective of
Pitino, noting that most GM's are afraid to make deals, since if
they turn out bad, they're jobs are on the line.

Auerbach offered his view that's it's unwise to trade away first
round picks, because it's something the fans look forward to...

What I'd do:

Draft Tsakalidis or Mo Pete.

If Tsakalidis, I'd call up Toronto and see if they'd take Walker
for Tracy McGrady in a sign and trade. Then I'd re-sign Fortson.
And if the Clippers have the slightest interest in Anderson, away
he goes...
Ray