RE: Should The Celtics Get Involved In The Tim Duncan's Sweepstakes?

I would make that deal in a minute - both Pierce and Walker are replaceable
and the #1 this year even in the top 3 will not have the impact a Duncan
would.

Duncan when healthy I believe is the best player in NBA period.  You build
around Duncan - you know what you are getting with Duncan.  We still don't
know what we are getting with Walker four years later except a player who
has received a career contract and has had slowly regressing stats since his
rookie year.

As far as Pitino goes, if he gets Duncan he'd make the playoffs and no one
would be dissing Pitino because with Duncan you have time to let players
develop because you always make the playoffs.  I bet Pitino thought Walker
would have shown improvement from the time he began his tenure as coach
through today but, lo and behold, it can easily be argued that Walker is
worse now than three years ago and perhaps he was only that good because ML
Carr let him basically take every shot particularly towards the end of the
year to try and obtain that rookie of the year.  So Walker has shown no to
very little improvement over three years.  I bet Pitino thought Walker would
be a perenial all-star and here we are three years later and now Walker is
"talking" about taking his game seriously and will "now" work-out in the
off-season?  This is the work ethic we have in the anchor of our team?  Man,
give me Kobe Bryant who is junior to AW and I bet he works on his game
constantly in the off-season and doesn't view "pre-season" as the time to
get in shape.

I'd call San Antonio today and say no one is untouchable - pick as many
players as you want and just send Duncan this way.  They can't take them all
but they can have as many as the cap allows.  Once you agree to give up
Walker AND Pierce does it really matter who else goes?  Duncan plus 11 free
agents will get you to playoffs guaranteed.