Re: the Indy stuff

Michael,

If your definition of "bonafide superstar" is Tim Duncan, then you're
right-there are no bonafide superstars in this draft. Of course, if there
were, no one would trade away that pick anyway.

Every year we hear about how bad these drafts are, and every year there is a
Vince Carter or Antonio McDyess (taken in the Joe Smith draft and traded-for
Brent Barry and Rodney Rogers). The key is identifying who those players are
and being bold enough to make your move for them. Stromile Swift is a great
example. Now, I don't know how good this kid is, but if the Celts'
braintrust is as sold on him as they seem to be, then be bold. It might cost
you Pierce, but at some point you have to trust your evaluators enough to
make that kind of move. Don't trade up just to do it, but if there is a guy
there you believe will be great, and you have a chance to deal for him, you
have to do it.

On Pryzbilla: I've seen him play a little here in Big Ten country and he is
far, far better than Big Country. This kid is a long, lanky, but sturdy 7-1
with a knack for blocking shots. His offense is coming around, but he'll
never average more than15 points per game. I believe he'll be a fast riser
come draft time and go in the top five. He'll almost certainly last no later
than Jersey's pick at 7.

I do agree that if you stay at 11, you have to consider all options for the
best player available-including the high schoolers. I don't think Darius
Miles, the one prepster to come out to this point (I think he declared
today), will be around at 11, but you never know how things will go in
workouts. But you're right Michael, the kids are much more attractive
alternatives now that they're locked in for five seasons.

Makes for interesting discussion.

Mark