Re: [Contracts]

Some of you seem a little confused (but then one of you is a Mets fan, so
what should I expect?).  Just because a player's contract expires, that does
not give the team a "slot" to sign someone else.  When Pervis' (and Dino's)
contracts are up, the Celtics are still over the cap and can only sign
players using their exceptions.  The only way for the Celtics to get under
the cap would be to trade contracts with another team which already IS under
the cap, and take less salary in return.

Joe, are you sure about the 2mil exception?  I thought they got 2 every 3
years, or something.

If anyone can clarify the E Williams situation that would be great.
Conceivably he, Dana and Minor could all be dumped after next year, which
is, crucially, before Pierce needs to be extended.  Perhaps there's scope
for entering the free agent market then?

Jim