D. Anderson, Cota and Mason

I watched some of the Clips game last night and was surprised by how
much D. Anderson handled the ball.  He would be an excellent addition
to play the 2 spot:  good passing, decent defensive pressure, a good
jump shot--I like him.

Also, McGinnis played point.  He's the ex-Tar Heel who shows decent
journeyman skills.  But the point here is that Ed Cota is much, much
better.  Cota may not be a starter for a year or so, but he knows the
game, is tough, an excellent floor leader, shoots well enough and does
(in my opinion) have the ability to get in the lane and dish.  I don't
think many "pure points" exist in this world:  he is one.  Although he
lacks speed, he can move, and I think he will be one of the surprises
of the next two to three years in the league.

And yet, I also want to draft D. Mason of Okla. State.  He may be the
"bomb" of next year's draft.  These guys have to be seen in terms of
their talent, which sometimes means apart from their team structure.
That ability sets the real talent evaluators apart from the fakers.
Mason, as another has stated, has spectacular skills.  Can he fuse
them into a solid game in the NBA?  I think so.  (Getting Mason would
mean forgetting D. Anderson).

If we go that direction, we would have to get front line help from a
free agent.

Gene