More is at stake tonight than playoff berth

I think any reasonable person knows they are out of the playoff hunt .
What's important is the kind of statement they will make tonight and the
remaining games. Will they continue to look for each other and attempt to
play defense ? As long as they are not mathematically eliminated they have
to play hard, and close out the season with at least glimpses of the
potential they showed when the "Fellowship of the Miserable," put their
collective feet down and demanded an accounting for their poor play.
Whatever side of the brouhaha you were on during the Pitino indictment of
Boston fans, one has to admit that it sure lit a temporary fire under these
guys (especially Toine, who played some fantastic hoops at times recently.
A lackluster "mail-it-in it's over," Sidney Wicks,"they gotta pay us even
if we lose" attitude will not go over very well. I don't expect a win
tonight but I want to see smart play and effort. Your uniform says
"Celtics" on it Baby, go down fighting!

                                           Michael A. DiZio