Re: Wednesday, March 22, 2000

>From: opi@unesco.org
>
>Thank goodness someone other than me is writing a game preview. I think the
>Celtics record whenever I contribute one is 0-37 this  season.

You know, I had noticed that, Joe.  And, knowing your superstitious nature,
I was afraid it might cause you to stop writing them.  The truth is,
however, that I got as attatched to those previews as many do to Bill
Cooper's game summaries.  I don't pay a great deal of attention to the rest
of the league, so I found the previews very informative.  They also get you
pumped to watch the game because, let's face it, no one around the office is
talking about the Celtics.  I particularly liked the ultra-optimistic tone
you took in predicting cans-of-whupp-ass.  Weren't you saying things like
"The Celtics are playing for a share of first place in the division" in the
second week of the season?  Awesome!

Jim