RE: C's awards/Pitino

"If only Timothy McVeigh could hit the open 20 foot
jumper, and be freed on bail, then Amy would sign
him up too I guess." -- Not that I'll get it Greg, but
I think you owe me an apology for that one. Because I
said that the C's should have considered signing
Dennis Rodman (I'll reiterate why), you extend that to
JR Rider and now Timothy McVeigh? I also notice your
sarcastic response was to two women. Do you not
respect the opinion of women (some men also agreed
with my post and I did not see you mention their
names) or just anyone who disagrees with you wisdom?

I was frustrated and suggested that the C's sign
Rodman. Why? Because the C's were in a tailspin, not
winning and not rebounding. I had just witnessed the
C's blow a 20 point loss to the Mavs. I might as well
be a fan of the Mavs or Clips. Growing up, I watched
the C's win 5 titles in 12 years and now in the last
15, I've seen no titles and only one playoff
appearance in the last 8. I've seen bad drafting, poor
signings and personnel moves. So, yeah I'm disguted
and where the season had a month to go, I thought it
would be interesting if the C's went out and got
Rodman. He is a headcase. He also is a rebound machine
with 5 championship rings. aT The time, Battie was out
there getting his 0ne or two dunks a game (not much
else) and Fortson was rotting on the bench. I wanted
someone, anyone out there getting it done. Well, after
Pitino took the job and talked about all the tradition
of this franchise, the first things he did were can KC
and DJ and then strip Red of his president title, so
spare me.

I notice you jumped on a couple of my posts. What did
I say? DJ should be still on the bench to preach
defense and Cowens should be coaching the big guys.
Pitino has four assistants and while I recognize one
has NBA experience, I don't see any with DJ's
knowledge of defense. San An has 10 assistants. Dave
Cowens was coaching the big guys for a short time
before he took the GS job. I'm not "banging a gong",
just commenting that Pitino is cutting off his nose to
spite his face. He has a wealth of C's legends (that
could possibly help) to choose from, yet he wants to
do it his way with his crew. I'm not living in the
past, or saying only C's should run the team; just
that they are better than what he has now.

I do set high standards for my fellow man, like not
criticising someone else's opinions on a basketball
mailing list, or trying to judge someone's religious
or moral temperment based on a basketball opinion. I
signed up for this list thinking it was a friendly
place for C's fans to come and share ups and downs. If
it isn't or others want me to go, I'll gladly leave.
For the most part I find it is, while I find some
people just like to be bitter and start arguments. For
those, I advocate getting help.

A lifelong C's fan