Yeesssss!

Well, I guess everyone is too busy watching the NCAA to notice, but the
Celtics made it 6 of 7 tonight.  (I was still jacked up over 5 of 6.  I
was out of town and could not post to the list.)  I hope that the team
is finally growing up.  I realize these wins are not against quality
clubs, but they finally are consistently winning against the teams that
we think they should beat.

I also hope that Toine has decided to be all that he can be.  It looks
as if he is playing very well, despite the injury the other night.  His
line tonight was 30-6-6.  Battie and Fortson seem to be playing better
while Griffin and Anderson seem to be slumping.

Does anyone have some comments on the factors leading to this upsurge in
the level of the team's play?  Is anyone besides me enjoying this run?
But, I can not decide if I would want to see them run on into the
playoffs, or land back in the lottery.

In any event, I am hopeful.  Especially if this team keeps on winning.
Unfortunately, we have to play back to back games now.  And we haven't
done that well yet this year.  Maybe Dallas will be basking in the glow
of its win over the Spurs and we will catch them at a good time.  It
would be nice to get number 30 tomorrow.

Orlando lost to Toronto, so I think that leaves us 1 1/2 games behind
them and two behind Milwaukee.  This could get interesting.

My most feverant wish is that this roll will continue on out through the
end of the year.  I hope to see some other Celtic fans happy tonight.

--

Bentz Kirby
bocelts@usit.net