Thank God for Bob Ryan!

This from the very loving Peter May:

 Antoine Walker had no choice. He had to have his feet taped. He also felt
he had no choice about playing, injury be darned.<P>
Walker shook off a very sore left foot and went 38 minutes last night in
the Celtics' 125-114 loss to the Pistons. He ended up with 30 points, 9
rebounds, 7 assists, and 1 very sore left foot.<P>
''It was hurting real bad,'' said Walker, who sprained his foot in Sunday's
win over the Sixers. ''But you have to keep trying. I'm going to continue
to fight as long as I can until it goes away.''<P>
Walker normally eschews taping, as do many of his teammates. He attended
yesterday morning's shootaround, but only as a spectator. He then tested
the foot prior to the game and decided to go.<P>
''I've just got to play and fight through it,'' Walker said.<P>
He had a rough first half, as did all of his teammates. He said he felt it
the most when he tried to blow by the pesky Jerome Williams.<P>
><P>''It's going to be a pain for a while,'' said Walker. ''But there's no
>time to rest it because the games are so close together. I'm just going to
>continue getting treatment and continue playing until it gets better.''<P>

Every time I read something like this about Antoine, I just can't help but
think "Punk!" What a punk this young man is.....huh? Thank God for the very
insightful Bob Ryan. He sure had Walker figured out.

Paul M.