Celt's beat up Philly!

I went to the game and had a blast.  My 7 yr old actually figured out when
to yell for defense and cheered every basket by the Celt's.  (She also
claimed that she could shoot FT's here but the baskets are higher at her
school ;). )  It was a typical 12:30 game, fan wise.  A good crowd of
families rooting for the home team, lot's of kaki in the stands, the food
seller's and souvenir vendors doing a big business.  The little kid's
jumping up and down, cheering every thing.  All in all a fun game to attend.
My 12 yr old commented on the sustained hustle of the team and the play
making of Walker.  He is starting to get "it" about effort=winning.

Some interesting notes to the game.  Pitino was much more subdued then
normal.  Not as much yelling from the bench.  Seems to have toned down for
the last 4 games.  Same with the full court press.  Coincidence?

Iverson didn't look like he wanted to be there.  He walked around with his
head down and showed very little energy.  Kukoc may not be buying into
Iverson's preferred role of taking all the shot's.

I'm glad we lost out on the Gieger sweepstakes.  He had a lot of supportors
in our section though being as he is a local boy..

Walker and Pitino still have something going on.  In the 4th Pitino was
yelling a play to Walker from about 20 feet away during an inbound by
Philly.  Walker purposefully ignored him.  Later in the 4th after a time out
the team did not run the play that was diagrammed.  Pitino shouted to Walker
to "Just run the play".  The way Pitino continues to build up Walker and hug
him etc...  It continues to surprise me when this stuff goes on.

Over all a fun game to watch.  Very good effort by the players was applauded
by the fans.

This is what Celtic basketball has meant to the older fans on this list.
Anything less then complete effort is unacceptable.  Complete effort is
recognized with support and applause, regardless of that games score.  This
isn't a difficult lesson to understand.

And by the way, the Celt's won!  The second most important part of Celtic's
basketball.

<Jim