Re: Prediction

> Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 05:11:59 PST
> From: "Jim Meninno" <jim_meninno@hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Prediction
>
> >From: Dan Forant <dforant1@nycap.rr.com>
> >
> >You guys make it sound like a crime to be right. Give it up. There's
always
> >next season. If you want to live in dreamland, so be it. I predicted 31
> >wins. Sugar coat it all you want, the season still sucked big time. The
> >Celts and Pitino are laughing stocks of the NBA.
>
> No, it's no crime, Dan.  But part of the reason I (and others, I expect)
> tend to pick so optimistically is that if I'm right I want to be happy
about
> it.  Don't come around here gloating after a season that, as you say,
sucked
> and expect us to kiss your ass.  Alright?
>
> Jim

My main reason for bringing up the predictions was that I and others were
harshly criticized for our ultra-realistic predictions. God yes I would love
the C's to win 40+, having said that I never flamed the over-optimistic
people who guessed those large numbers.

It is time for Celtic fans to be realistic. Over estimating in the win
column is like Pitino promising the playoffs and everything else he never
delivers. It is never good to set yourself up for a huge let down. Be
realistic and next year, bite your tongue before you feel the need to turn
your nose up at how some of us view how the season will go.

Colin