Re: 'Reef and Walker

>>> W <titans@ihug.com.au> 03/09 2:21 PM >>>

Trond,

Good response... However, I pose this question to you;

Which of the two stars (Walker and Rahim) have the better supporting cast?

Walker - Pierce, Kenny A, Potapenko, Fort, Battie, et al
'Reef - Bibby, Dickerson, Harrington, Reeves, Long, Lopez, Scott, Price,
Ekezie

That is a little tough.  Let me see.  I would say despite our record, Walker has the
superior supporting cast, at least as far as starting five.

Back at you with this query:

I argue our supporting cast is superior (you may disagree), but our supporting cast is
really not better in terms of RPG and thus would not account for the 2.5 additional
(roughly) 'Reef gets over Antoine.  (I'm assuming your unstated premise is that the
player with better support ought to have less impressive statistics).  Given weak
rebounding numbers (relatively speaking) out of the 5-spot, you'd think more would
come to Antoine than do.  Perhaps the superior rebounding of PP vs. 2's at
Vancouver mitigates this claims somewhat.  That raises a related issue: what is wrong
with a 6'9" PF that a 6'7" 2-guard consistently outrebounds him?

Trond