Pitino quotes in the paper today

"I can be replaced by Larry Bird or Bill Russell, but
no one is going to work harder than me as coach" --
McHale's plumber quote works for me here.

"With today's fan response, not many teams in the
league are going to come in here and beat us" LOL

Misc. -- The thread about coaching. I still can't
believe Doug Collins was hired to "save" (much like us
with Pitino) the PIstons. I mean the guy couldn't get
to the finals with Jordan, how was he ever going to
get there without (and against, I might add) him? You
either have to be one of two things (both would be
ideal): someone who has been there and won it all (or
at least be a dominant player, who has respect), or a
guy that has a vast knowledge of basketball/has the
players "buy" into the system ala Gundy. I'm not sure
Pitino has that (how would I know, though), but Doc
apparently has. He let's the players play, as Tommy
noted. He's got them pushing the ball and creating.
That instills confidence in themselves and each other.

Was that the 2nd consecutive game I saw Tommy and Mike
"disagreeing"? Friday, it was about VC spending time
after the game with different reporters and Tommy said
you spend all your energy and not wanting/or being
able to talk after the game. Players want to cool off
in the locker room. Mike said they should spend time
with media. I don't know what they were arguing about
as it went on for a couple of minutes and Tommy
raising his voice, "Look, I was a player and I know
what it takes". Then yesterday, Tommy was talking
about calls (what else is new?) and Mike disagrees
about home teams getting calls. Does Tommy have more
venom in him after venting on the refs?
Stay tuned.