The Draft

Why get excited now about it? In fact, why at all? Given our drafting
position, I doubt we'll find anything exciting around the 10 spot.
Assuming there is, do we have confidence that Ricky/Wallace will snare
him ("No Chris, he definitely won't fit into my system")? Pierce aside,
the Celtics have drafted pretty poorly the last 10 or so years. We
learned that one the hardaway. I'd like Cota, but at this point, I'd
take anyone that comes into camp in shape. Was I the only one who winced
when the Lakers announced Kobe in '97? Just for once (Kobe, McGrady),
I'd like to see the C's make a non-traditional and daring pick. Speaking
of the Lakers, I would really like to see West making the pick for the
C's this year. Dreaming again. I guess.

PS-- Anyone living in the Fleet area going to the Rock and Jock event
tonight? $30 and you get to hang out and play pool with the team. Not to
mention we can all tell Ricky just how much we love him.