Re: Sanity

----- Original Message -----
From: Kestas <Kestutis.Kveraga@Dartmouth.EDU>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2000 3:17 PM
Subject: Re: Sanity

> The utility is that you get to vent your frustration, and possibly
> precipitate the dismissal of the guy you think is to blame for this. It's
> always easier when you can find a scapegoat, because then you at least
> think that you know how the situation could be corrected.

So I guess you must feel much better, now that you have vented your
frustration?  How is it that you feel your venting could possibly
precipitate Pitino's firing by Gaston?  Seems strange that a man who would
pay so much and afford so responsibility, would then dismiss based upon
feelings of the fans who he didn't consult with upon the hiring.

> >Riley was given the okay to get 'Zo and Hardaway.  Heck, he even had the
> >green light to give Juwan 100 mil.  Phil Jackson already had the
> >all-star cast in place (again big spending for big names). Thus, these
> >guys are winning big.
>
> Sure, these guys perhaps pick their spots more wisely than Pitino, as
> Aldridge noted. That aside, I feel either of them could've done much
better
> in this situation than Pitino.

You feel that Jackson or Riley could do better?  I feel that Pitino can do
better.  I feel that Red Auerbach could do better too but that ain't about
to happen either.  I am curious to know of what you base your feelings of
their coaching superiority on?

> >Too bad the C's don't get that kind of financial
> >support from Gaston.
> >
> >Is breaking up this squad and/or bringing in another coach really going
> >to bring us a banner any sooner?
>
> To the first part of the question, maybe, depending on how you do it. That
> has also been discussed on this list quite extensively already. To the
> second part, yes, unless the person you bring in to replace is even less
> qualified to deal with this situation.

What do you consider to be the qualifications one would possess to deal with
this situation?

Cecil