Re: more blaming the coach

>From: Kestas <Kestutis.Kveraga@Dartmouth.EDU>

>Alex, please. I don't think anyone is stupid enough to base his or her
>opinion of Pitino on this one shot .

No, they wouldn't.  But that's not what Alex said, either.  He said that
SOME people were criticizing Pitino for losing the game with his coaching at
the end.  This is indisputable since we had a poster on this list saying
that if only he had called another timeout, they would have won.  I think
Alex's point is, and I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong, that Pitino
get's the blame even when he's done nothing to warrant it.  And, before Paul
M chimes in, you could say the same for Antoine.  How surprising it's the
two guys who are making so much money.  My explanation is that it's
jealousy, plain and simple.

Now, Kestas, how about answering the direct question that Alex put to you.
Who are you talking about when you mention poeple that would believe Pitino
if he "spit on them and told them it was raining"?  This is such a joke.  I
keep hearing from the media about the "free ride" Pitino has had since he
took over, but that's a myth.  WEEI has been critical from the start.  I've
heard from many quarters right from the start that he would not succeed in
the pro game.  And every move he's made has met with at least some
criticism.  I'm not saying he's been treated unfairly, but he certainly has
not had a "free ride".

Jim