Re: The Lady speaks

At 08:05 PM 3/2/00 -0500, Richard & Cynthia Davies wrote:
>My point with that statement is this: the guys who wrote the Constitution
>wrote the first amendment so that you wouldn't *have* remain anonymous to
>say what you wanted, particularly about the government itself. They wanted
>people to be able to speak up, without having to hide, and without fear of
>*governmental* retribution. It is my personal belief that speaking from
>behind fake identities goes against the spirit, but *not* the letter of this
>amendment.

I disagree, but let's press onward.

>Anyone can certainly withhold their identity and obviously within their
>legal rights to do so. But they should not be surprised when people mistrust
>or disbelieve them.

Really?  Then there's a lot of people out there who serve as legitimate
anonymous sources for police and the news media that should what, just hang
it up?

>I would like to point out, Snoopy, that I have not accused you of being one
>and the same with LadyNada, Way Ray, etc. I have not done any email
>investigation, and frankly, I couldn't care. I do not wish to add to your
>anger that Greg has evoked, but I feel he has a valid point -- regardless of
>the way in which he stated it.

You have said nothing to make me angry.  I never said (nor, I would hope,
infer) otherwise.  I don't have a problem with Greg making a general
point--i.e. , he does not like the concept of anonymous posting.  My
problem with Greg was his careless accusations without anything resembling
a proper review of the facts.

poof...
Snoopy the Celtics Beagle