FOX & WESLEY

Bill, you said:

I don't understand. Why an infatuation with people like Wesley, DeClerq,
Fox?  They were mediocre players on lousy teams.  They were the reason we didn't win so why was letting them go more than a minor blip on the radar?

Bill

Answer (mine, anyway) - it's not that they were great players - but they were both hard workers, who left it on the floor every night, who didn't have huge contracts, who cared about winning, and most important, were veterans who could have helped the young players Pitino brought in an those already there. The example they could have set would have been worth more than alot of other things Pitino did.  The pity of it all is that they were all let go to get a player Pitino didn't even keep.  Where did that get the team?  And don't tell me about how ML's team tanked the season - most of us believe that was by design.  Not the player's decision - how do you think they felt?
Dorine